Porsche offer one level of extended warranty and it is the same as the Porsche Used Car Warranty which they provide with used cars they sell. This is different to, for example, BMW, who provide an insurance warranty to car owners wanting an extended warranty, and a BMW warranty to used car buyers.
You can buy Porsche's warranty at any time up to when the car is nine years old, as long as the car already has a Porsche warranty. The car must be subject to a check at a Porsche Centre which costs £180.
Porsche provide the warranty directly, not via a third party insurer. You will not therefore be able to use the Financial Ombudsman Service if there is a problem, so make sure you understand their complaints procedure.
The policy is laid out below and we suggest carefully considering the differences in cover between this an independent warranty before making a choice.
We advise noting the following issues when considering any Porsche extended warranty:
- How do Porsche define ‘wear and tear?'
- Porsche exclude ‘wear' and tear' but not define what they mean by ‘wear and tear' and therefore a check is essential. For example, if a part fails that has been gradual developing faults, will that be replaced under the warranty? We suspect not.
- In the warranty it is stated that the clutch is not covered - check to see if premature failure is considered. This is a very expensive part.
- In the warranty, it is stated that the wheels are not covered - check to see if they are covered for premature corrosion.
- In the warranty, it is stated that door seals are not covered. Check to see whether a warrantied item damaged by a door seal leak, would be covered.
- Exhaust systems are not covered. Check to see if premature corrosion would be considered.
For further Porsche car warranty details, and a warranty comparison to alternative warranty providers, please refer to our Porsche Car Warranty Comparison Chart.
Terms & Conditions Summary
Read the key terms and conditions including covered parts and non-covererd parts: Porsche Terms & Conditions.
Porsche Dealer Prices
If you want to compare buying a warranty from an independent company to buying an extended warranty from Porsche, or their dealers, the following example prices may help your decision.
Remember to compare cover level with the alternative warranties using our comparison table. The cheapest warranty may not be the best buy.
|Porsche||Boxster||3 years||Up to 60,000, no excess||£1,045.00|
|Porsche||911||3 years||Up to 60,000, no excess||£1,404.00|
|Porsche||Cayenne||3 years||Up to 60,000, no excess||£1,325.00|
Prices correct at July 2012.
The above information has been gained from the manufacturer's sales literature and press office, and is correct as of May 2012. Please contact us with any omissions or amendments.