Mazda offer a simple, one level extended warranty. A car has to have a currently valid Mazda warranty to be eligible.
The extended warranty is an insurance policy, which is administered by Mondial Assistance and underwritten by AGA International. This falls under the jurisdiction of the Financial Services Agency (FSA).
The policy is laid out below and we suggest carefully considering the differences in cover between this and independent warranties before making a choice.
We would advise noting the following issues when considering any Mazda extended warranty:
- How do Mazda define ‘wear and tear?'
- Mazda exclude ‘wear' and tear' but not define what they mean by ‘wear and tear' and therefore a check is essential.
- In the warranty it is stated that upholstery is not covered - check to see if premature wear to seats or trim is considered.
- In the warranty, it is stated that the wheels are not covered - check to see if they are covered for premature corrosion.
- Exhaust systems are not covered for corrosion. Check to see if early or premature corrosion would be considered.
We also advise making sure you know the period you need the car to be covered for. This will affect the price of independent warranties that you may want to compare with the Mazda warranty.
For further Mazda car warranty details, and a warranty comparison to alternative warranty providers, please refer to our Mazda Car Warranty Comparison Chart.
Terms & Conditions Summary
Read the key terms and conditions including covered parts and non-covererd parts: Mazda Terms & Conditions.
Mazda Dealer Prices
If you want to compare buying a warranty from an independent company to buying an extended warranty from a Mazda dealer these prices may help.
Remember to compare cover level with the alternative warranties using our summary table. The cheapest warranty may not be the best buy.
|Mazda||3||3 years||Up to 60,000, no excess||£329.00|
|Mazda||2||3 years||Up to 60,000, no excess||£329.00|
|Mazda||MX-5||3 years||Up to 60,000, no excess||£362.00|
Prices correct at July 2012.
The above information has been gained from the manufacturer's sales literature and press office, and is correct as of May 2012. Please contact us with any omissions or amendments.