Kia heavily promotes its 7-year warranty that applies on all Kia cars registered from January 2010.
- What models does it apply to?
The Kia 7 year warranty applies to all new Kia vehicles registered from 1st January 2010.
- Exactly how long is the warranty?
The warranty is a full 7 years from date of first registration OR to a maximum of 100,000 miles (whichever is the sooner). For the first three years of the warranty, the mileage is unlimited.
Due to the comprehensive nature and length of the new car warranty, Kia no longer offer extended warranties in the UK.
On a Approved Used Kia (up to 18 months old and 18,000 miles) the warranty will be topped up to what it was when new*.
So, a Kia could potentially have 8.5 years manufacturer warranty.
New cover*is as follows:
- Basic warranty:
- First 3 years are unlimited mileage.
- Years 4 to 7 are limited to a total of 100,000 miles.
- Paint – 5 years/100,000 miles.
- Anti-perforation warranty:
- 12 years/unlimited mileage* - Picanto, Rio, Venga, Soul, cee’d, Optima, Sorento
- 7 years/100,000 miles* - Carens and Sedona
* An annual inspection by a Kia dealer is required.
For further Kia car warranty details, and a warranty comparison to alternative warranty providers, please refer to our Kia Car Warranty Comparison Chart.
1. Consumable items such as wiper blades, bulbs, fuses, filters, auxiliary drive belts, clutch linings, brake pads and shoes, and HT leads are covered against manufacturing defects for 2 years/unlimited mileage.
2. Battery is covered for 2 years/unlimited mileage.
3. Air conditioning refrigerant is covered for 2 years/unlimited mileage. For the remainder of the warranty period it is covered only when replenished as part of a warranty repair.
4. Audio/Navigation systems are limited to 3 years/60,000 miles.
5. Wheel balance and alignment is covered up to 1,000 miles or 1 month from date of sale (which ever comes first).
6. Cracking of vehicle exterior glass up to 1,000 miles or 3 months from dealer receiving vehicle (which ever comes first).
7. Adjustment of doors, bonnets and tailgates are covered up to the first one year service.
The above information has been gained from the manufacturer's sales literature and press office, and is correct as of April 2012. Please contact us with any omissions or amendments.