Aside from the standard ‘used approved' warranty, that comes with a used Citroen bought from a Citroen main dealer, there is an extended warranty available to Citroen owners.
Citroen's extended warranty is an insured warranty, underwritten by Car Care Plan.
We advise considering the following issues when considering a Citroen extended warranty:
- How do Citroen define ‘wear and tear?'
- Opinions on what constitutes ‘wear and tear' vary greatly from manufacturer to manufacturer and insurer to insurer.
- In the extended warranty it is stated that upholstery is not covered - check to see if premature wear is considered.
- In the extended warranty, it is stated that the wheels are not covered - check to see if they are covered for premature corrosion.
- In the extended warranty, it is stated that bodywork and body seals are not covered. Check to see whether an item damaged by a defect in a seal would be covered.
We also advise making sure you know the period you need the car to be covered for, before comparing to quotes from independent car warranty providers. This will affect the price of independent warranties who offer 2 and 3 year policies.
For further Citroen car warranty details, and a warranty comparison to alternative warranty providers, please refer to our Citroen Car Warranty Comparison Chart.
Citroen Terms & Conditions Summary
Read the key terms and conditions including covered parts and non-covererd parts: Citroen Terms & Conditions.
Citroen Dealer Prices
If you want to compare buying a warranty from an independent company to buying an extended warranty from Citroen, the following example prices from Citroen dealers will help.
|Citroen||C5||3 years||Up to 60,000, no excess||£225.00|
|Citroen||C4 Grand Picasso||3 years||Up to 60,000, no excess||£225.00|
|Citroen||C1||3 years||Up to 60,000, no excess||£180.00|
Prices correct at July 2012.
Remember to compare cover level with the alternative warranties using our summary table. The cheapest warranty may not be the best buy.
The above information has been gained from the manufacturer's sales literature and press office, and is correct as of March 2012. Please contact us with any omissions or amendments.