The Bentley Extended Warranty is provided directly by the manufacturer - not via a third party insurer. You will not therefore be able to use the Financial Ombudsman Service if there is a problem, so make sure you understand their complaints procedure.
Cover is available for cars with less than 100,000 miles on the clock are under ten years old. Cover can be purchased annually or on a monthly basis and is transferable.
We advise understanding the following issues when considering any Bentley extended warranty:
- How do Bentley define ‘wear and tear?'
- In the warranty, it is stated that wheels are not covered. Check to see if premature corrosion of wheels would be considered. Bear in mind the cost of such repairs on a Bentley vehicle.
- In the warranty, it is stated that trim and upholstery are not covered. Check to see whether premature wear to the seats and trim would be considered.
- The warranty states that ‘any part which is deemed to have an ‘inherent design fault' would not be covered. Seek clarification of this term as it could cover pretty much anything.
- Bentley make direct reference to age and mileage related loss of engine efficiency and increased oil consumption. Try to get the specifics of the time frame for this - i.e. what to Bentley regard as ‘commensurate age and mileage' in this regard?
We also advise making sure you know the period you need the car to be covered for. This will affect the price of independent warranties that you may want to compare with the Bentley warranty.
For further Bentley car warranty details, and a warranty comparison to alternative warranty providers, please refer to our Bentley Car Warranty Comparison Chart.
Terms & Conditions Summary
Read the key terms and conditions including covered parts and non-covererd parts: Bentley Terms & Conditions.
The above information has been gained from the manufacturer's sales literature and press office, and is correct as of May 2012. Please contact us with any omissions or amendments.