Audi warranties are available in two levels if you buy a warranty from an Audi dealer.
These are listed below, so you can read through the differences in cover, and compare them to the cover from independent warranty companies, before making a choice.
Both warranties are an insurance policy, which are administered by Mondial Insurance. This falls under the jurisdiction of the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
Be aware that the way the two policies are laid out is different. With Comprehensive Cover, only the items that are not covered are laid out.
With named component it is the parts which are covered that are stated. Bear this in mind as you compare the policies.
Audi extended warranty cover can be purchased monthly or annually and an excess is available which can reduce the cost of cover.
For further Audi car warranty details, and a warranty comparison to alternative warranty providers, please refer to our Audi Car Warranty Comparison Chart.
Comparing Audi Extended Car Warranty Cover
Key points to consider when comparing quotes:
- What period do you need cover for?
- This will affect the price of independent warranties, which offer discounts for 2 and 3 year cover.
- How does Audi define ‘wear and tear' and what will it pay out on?
- Would Audi pay out if an insured part were to damage a non-insured part - or vice-versa? What if the non-warrantied DPF filter were to fail and damage the warrantied Turbo - so called ‘consequential loss.'
- The DPF filter is not covered - does this relate to replacing the filter or to cleaning it should it become clogged.
- Seals are not covered - what if a seal should fail and damage parts that are covered by the warranty - is damage from a faulty seal covered?
- Light bulbs are excluded - does this include expensive Zenon bulbs?
- Wheels are not covered - would Audi pay out if the wheels were to buckle or corrode prematurely?
Terms & Conditions Summary
Read the key terms and conditions including covered parts and non-covererd parts: Audi Terms & Conditions.
AUdi Dealer Prices
If you want to compare buying a warranty from an independent company to buying an extended warranty from Audi, or their dealers, the following example prices from Audi may help.
Remember to compare cover level with the alternative warranties using our warranty comparison summary table. The cheapest warranty may not be the best buy.
|Audi||A3||4 years||Up to 60,000, £100 excess||£576.38|
|Audi||A3||4 years||Up to 60,000, £0 excess||£692.61|
|Audi||A3||4 years||Over 60,000, £0 excess||£1,041.32|
Prices correct at July 2012.
New Audi Car Warranty Periods
The table below shows the new Audi models and the limitations on their warranty periods in terms of the number of years and the limits on the mileage. Outside of these periods, an extended Audi warranty would be required from either Audi or from an alternative warranty provider.
The above information has been gained from the manufacturer's sales literature and press office, and is correct as of May 2012. Please contact us with any omissions or amendments.