Alfa Romeo Warranty
As well as the used approved warranty that comes with a used Alfa Romeo bought at a main dealer, there are three levels of extended warranty available to Alfa Romeo owners.
Policies are available on a yearly or monthly basis and are described below. We suggest carefully reading through and noting the differences in cover before making a choice.
The Alfa Romeo warranty is an insurance policy, which is administered by Alfa Romeo and underwritten by Motors Insurance Company. This falls under the jurisdiction of the Financial Services Agency (FSA).
It is important to note that the three cover levels are laid out differently. With the highest level (Level 1 Premier Cover) only the items not covered are defined.
With the other levels (Level 1 Standard/Level 2 Standard), only what is covered is stated. The Alfa Romeo extended warranties are only available for cars that have covered less than 60,000 miles - Level 1 Premier and Standard warranties are for cars 0-4 years old and Level 2 Standard is for cars 4 to 6 years old.
An excess can be purchased which reduces the cost of cover.
We advise noting the following issues when considering an Alfa Romeo extended warranty:
- How do Alfa Romeo define ‘wear and tear?'
- Opinions on what constitutes ‘wear and tear' vary greatly from manufacturer to manufacturer and insurer to insurer.
- What period do you need cover for?
- This will affect the price of independent warranties where discounts for 2 and 3 year cover.
- Alfa Romeo specify that bodywork is not covered by the warranty. Check to see if premature corrosion is considered.
- Only Front and rear wheel drive are covered - Alfa Romeo don't currently sell any rear wheel drive cars in the UK - they do sell four wheel drive cars though - check to see if this drivetrain is covered.
- Sat-Nav is not covered - check to see if premature failure would be considered.
- The exhaust system is not covered - check to see if premature corrosion or DPF failure would be considered.
Terms & Conditions Summary
Read the key terms and conditions including covered parts and non-covererd parts: Alfa Romeo Terms & Conditions.
Alfa Romeo Dealer Prices
If you want to compare buying a warranty from an independent company to buying an extended warranty from Alfa Romeo, or their dealers, the following example prices from Alfa Romeo may help.
Remember to compare cover level with the alternative warranties using our summary table. The cheapest warranty may not be the best buy.
|Alfa Romeo||Mito||3 years||£599.00|
|Alfa Romeo||159||3 years||£699.00|
Prices correct at July 2012.
The above information has been gained from the manufacturer's sales literature and press office, and is correct as of May 2012. Please contact us with any omissions or amendments.