Details of Hyundai Extended Car Warranty Cover
The new vehicle five year, without mileage limitation, warranty shall not apply to the following:
- Defects judged by Hyundai Motor UK Ltd as being caused by the failure to follow the recommendations regarding the frequency of routine maintenance services or the failure to have such routine maintenance services performed.
- Defects, which are attributable to careless handling, accident, improper use of the vehicle, or incorrectly completed repairs or routine maintenance services.
- Damage occurring as a result of any act or omission, which is wilfully unlawful or negligent.
- Adjustments of any kind after 12 months, from the date of 1st registration.
- Defects arising from the use of non-genuine Hyundai parts or accessories, or the use of lubricants, fluids or fuels not approved for use in the vehicle by Hyundai Motor UK Ltd.
- Any modifications or installations performed outside the scope of normal routine maintenance or running repairs without the express approval of Hyundai Motor UK Ltd.
- Deterioration, staining or corrosion of plated parts, paint coatings, rubber or plastic components or soft trim which will occur due to normal exposure and usage.
- Alleged defects, which are not as a direct result of manufacturing defects, or are not recognised as affecting the quality or function of the vehicle.
Examples of these include, but are not limited to:
- Noises or vibrations of low amplitude or frequency, which are considered to be representative of the characteristics of the vehicle.
- Slight oozing of oils or fluids from seals or gaskets, which cause no appreciable decrease in the level of these fluids.
- Panel gaps, or any other defects, which are considered to be representative of the permitted manufacturing tolerances, accepted by Hyundai.
- External appearance defects, which are not apparent unless magnified by special means or which are considered to be of a minor cosmetic nature and having no effect upon the general appearance or quality of the vehicle, or which are representative of the standards of finish expected by the manufacturer.
Corrosion or other external damage resulting from stone chipping, gravel or any other form of impact.
- Discoloration, fading or deterioration resulting from exposure to or contact with tree sap, bird droppings, insects, tar, industrial pollution/fallout, contamination by lubricants or other fluids.
- Defects resulting from poor repair to, or failure to have repaired, body damage caused by the above.
- Damage, which is "secondary", and is as a direct result of any primary damage or defect upon which no action or rectification has taken place.
- Failure or damage occurring during the period of the Manufacturer Warranty or faults developing during that period unless rectified immediately.
- The replacement of lubricants, fluids or refrigerant other than as a direct consequence of a warrantable repair.
- The replacement of consumable/service or wear and tear items normally replaced or repaired in the process of routine maintenance servicing. "Fair wear and tear" is defined, as deterioration occurring through usage where no evidence of a manufacturing defect is evident or where the normal useful life of such components, as judged by Hyundai, has expired.
These include but are not limited to:
|Description||Warranty Coverage (Period)||Warranty Coverage (Mileage)|
|Clutch disc||24 Months||60,000 Miles|
|Brake Friction Linings||24 Months||20,000 Miles|
|V Belts||24 Months||Unlimited Mileage|
|Oil Filter (Service Item)||Warranted up to 1stscheduled change in specific Model Service Schedule.||Warranted up to 1stscheduled change in specific Model Service Schedule.|
|Air/Fuel Filter (Service Item)||Warranted up to 1stscheduled change in specific Model Service Schedule.||Warranted up to 1stscheduled change in specific Model Service Schedule.|
|Spark Plugs (Service Item)||Warranted up to 1stscheduled change in specific Model Service Schedule.||Warranted up to 1stscheduled change in specific Model Service Schedule.|
|Wiper Blades||12 Months||10,000 Miles|
|Bulbs||12 Months||10,000 Miles|
|Batteries||24 Months||Unlimited Mileage|
|Wheel Bearings Front/Rear||60 Months||60,000 Miles|
|All Ball Joints Front/Rear||60 Months||60,000 Miles|
|All Bushes||60 Months||60,000 Miles|
|Track Rod End||60 Months||60,000 Miles|
|Dampers Front/Rear||60 Months||60,000 Miles|
|All Rubber Components||60 Months||60,000 Miles|
|Tyres||Warranty is handled by the tyre manufacturer.||Warranty is handled by the tyre manufacturer.|
These items have a limited warranty and shall be warranted against manufacturing defect for a limited period or mileage:
- Tyres are covered by the tyre manufacturer's warranty. Please refer to the leaflet provided for the terms and conditions.
- Cosmetic defects of paint and trim (orange peel, low gloss, runs/sags, etc) are warranted for the first two years from date of registration.
- Breakage or scratching of glass occurring after delivery to the owner of the vehicle.
- Vehicles that have been used for racing, rallying, competition, or speed/endurance trials of any kind.
- Loss directly or indirectly contributed to, by or arising from:
- Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel, or from any nuclear waste arising from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly, or nuclear component there of.
- Any other fallout or unusual environmental condition.
- Acts of war, tension or civil unrest.
- Damage to casings caused by impact, frost, or lack of anti-freeze or lubricants.
- Consequential loss of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from the claim, or even from any source giving rise to a claim under the warranty.
- Damage to the catalytic converter due to use of leaded fuel, running the engine with a misfire or shocks/blows to the fragile catalytic element.
- Reimbursement for repairs undertaken by anyone other than a Hyundai Authorised Repairer will not be made regardless of the nature of or reason for the repair.
Transfer of Warranty
The warranty can be transferred to any new owner by using the card at the back of the warranty booklet supplied with our vehicles. The warranty cannot be transferred to another vehicle.
Important Information about this Hyundai Extended Warranty Information
The following information has been gained from the manufacturer's sales literature both offline and from their website, and is correct as of June 2010. Please contact us with any omissions or amendments.