Honda's Extended Warranty Cover & Exclusions
- All mechanical and electrical components. All oil seals. Casings: Damage caused to casings as a direct result of the failure of a covered Component.
- Working materials where replacement is essential as a direct result of the failure of a covered Component or Components.
- Catalytic Converter following the failure of a test of exhaust gas to meet any exhaust emission standards.
- Integrated Motor Assist Pack (Honda vehicles only): The Integrated Motor Assist Pack is covered under the terms of this Honda guarantee until the vehicle reaches a maximum of 8 years or 80,000 miles from date of first registration, whichever is the sooner.
- Body, paint, glass, interior/exterior trim, batteries, exhaust systems and airbags.
- The cost of normal servicing, service items and adjustments. Similarly, items which can be expected to wear as part of their normal function are not covered unless there is a manufacturing or material defect (such as clutch plates, brake friction surfaces, wiper blades, tyres, bulbs, fuses, etc.).
- Failure of covered items due to wear and tear will not be declined if the wear and tear option has been purchased.
Wear and tear option:
For an additional payment on the Approved Used Car Guarantee cover can be extended to provide cover against a covered component failing due to normal wear and tear.
This only covers components listed under the COVERED COMPONENTS heading above.
N.B. Honda will not cover damage caused by an ‘excessively worn' timing belt, even if the Wear and Tear option has been purchased.
The Warranty does not cover tuning, adjustments or the cleaning of any assemblies including the fuel and lubrication systems or the changing of the cam belt at the manufacturer's specified interval.
Important Notice about this Honda Extended Warranty Review
The above information has been gained from the manufacturer's sales literature and press office, and is correct as of May 2012. Please contact us with any omissions or amendments.